Friday, July 10, 2009

Vision...

I've worn glasses since I was three.

I rarely even realize I'm wearing them.

Until recently.

I'm getting to be "that age". Now, when reading, I find myself looking around my glasses.

It's time to consider either separate reading glasses -- or (gasp) bifocals.

It's not the learning curve of bifocals. It's pride. I want to hold out on getting "old".

With today's technology, no one would ever know. But I would.

The same thing sometimes happens in marketing.

We'd rather not see changes, so we resist admitting to them.

But things change. Customers. Products. Marketing. Media.

Just as I am being foolish looking under my glasses than getting a working pair, marketers can be equally foolish by not changing with the times.

Takeaway: Times change. Are you?

No comments: