Friday, March 11, 2011

Cracked...

Remember when I thought I cracked my tooth and had to schedule an emergency visit to my dentist?

It gets worse.

I'll spare you the grizzly details. The dentist is awesome, but suffice to say it was not a pleasant event. And the bill hurt even more. 

Procrastination is costly. 

In the same way it's costly in sales and marketing. It's best to consistently be advertising and prospecting and not put it off until your sales are withering.

I am often called to help a business when it's too late for me to do anything but the last rites. 

Marketing's magic takes time to work. I can't boost your Google ranking in a month. I can't build sales brand awareness in a week. I can't generate sales leads in a day.

Preventive medicine tends to have better outcomes than CPR. It's the same in marketing.

It would have been less painful if I'd gone to a professional as soon as I sensed the need with my tooth -- or even before that for a check-up.

And, unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy doesn't visit grown-ups...  

Takeaway: What have you been putting off? Ads? Website updates? Cold calls? Do it!

No comments: