Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ads: If only I had a dollar...

You're bombarded by about 3,000 ad messages a day, says Seth Godin, author of Permission Marketing. That's a million ads a year. Are we really expected to recall any of them? I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night!

How can YOU break through all this advertising clutter? Two quick tips:

1. Run your ads often. Just as an actor repeats his lines to memorize them an advertiser need to repeat his message until the prospect remembers it. That’s why consistent smaller ads outperform larger one-time ads.

2. Develop breakthrough creative. Create magnetic designs and convincing copy. I’ve built hundreds of ads in my career. The most effective ones are always the most creative. To quote one of my ad mentors: "If it don't sell, it ain't creative!"

What TV commercial do you remember? Chances are it’s creative, too.

- Phil Sasso

No comments: