Friday, July 15, 2011

Connecting....

Do you only communicate with customers and prospects when you're
selling something?

Think about that.

How do you feel about people who only call you when they need
something.  Can't they call you to congratulate you, catch-up or connect?

Here's an example: I pulled up to the drive-up window at my bank
yesterday and was surprised (I promise this isn't another bank rant).
Actually,  I  was pleasantly surprised...

"Hi, this is Susan. I'll be right with you," came a voice over the speaker.

After a minute or two the voice returned.

"Sorry about the delay Mr. Sasso," said Susan.

After another moment her pleasant voice returned.

"Thank you Mr. Sasso. Anything else today?"

"Uh, no. Thanks," I stammered.

"Have a great day!"

I drove away stunned. Lately every bank visit has included a flier or
a verbal sales pitch for another bank service or to request a referral.
Susan was just ... nice.

Are you always pushing for more sales with every customer encounter
(both in print or in person)? Upselling, cross-selling, and asking for
referrals are all very important aspects of marketing. But they aren't
the end-all-be-all.

Sometimes it pays just to take a moment to be friendly and wish your
customer well. Never underestimate the power of a real, genuine
human connection.

Takeaway: Sometimes the best sales pitch is no sales pitch at all. What
have you done to connect with your customers today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post. This record helped me in my college assignment. Thanks Alot