Thursday, November 01, 2007

Last Things First....

I'm at the AAPEX/SEMA/NACE trade shows in Las Vegas this week.

Every year while I’m away at Industry Week, I offer the same advice (sing along if you know the tune):

Returning from a tradeshow or special event? Use your first day back like it's your last day at the event.

It's easy to get swept away catching up and put off following up.

But what's more important? The day-to-day grind -- or reminding that hot prospect that you’re one of the hundreds of exhibitors they saw last week at that big tradeshow?

Take a moment to jot a quick note, send a catalog, or ship that sample you promised. Don’t let your follow-up get fouled up. Set your priority on contacting the hottest prospects first and working your way down the list.

But don't call anyone today. Afterall, they'll probably as swamped catching up today as you'll be -- tomorrow.

(This means don’t be surprised if you call me Monday and can’t get me. I may be too busy following up. Please don't be offended. Be inspired.)

No comments: