Monday, December 18, 2006

Here’s a bit of winter fun….

Pardon my break from our usual format for a bit of humor
with a marketing point.

Ode to Lester Moore

Lester Moore was a pioneer
He lived long ago and far from here
When he wanted soap he'd ride to the Out Post
Where there wasn't a choice between Dial and Coast
Before shopping he made a long list no doubt
Thirty miles, by horse, meant he couldn't run out.

This ain't the Wild West no more,
Shopping's not as simple as the General Store.
Today I drove to the grocer and looked around
I just wanted "dish soap", here's what I found:
Dozens of products shouting out at me
One promised softer hands, one aromatherapy.
While I thought the offers were really keen,
I just wanted one to get my dishes clean.

Sometimes I wish for the simpler times before
Those good old days when less was more
You didn't need to forge the Super Mega Mart
You didn't need to fight for a shopping cart
But lest you think that way was best,
imagine life without Citrus Breeze Crest

-Phil Sasso

No comments: