Monday, November 06, 2006

FREE RIDE.....

Beth agreed to pick me up at the airport last week.

I didn't think anything of it.

But the guy I rode to the airport with and our cabby both were surprised.

"Newlyweds?" asked the driver.

"Last week we celebrated 9 years," I replied. "In fact, our honeymoon
was here in Vegas -- to go to the same tradeshow."

"Really! She went for that?" my rideshare said.

"Yeah. I'm a hopeless romantic I guess," I joked.

"She must really love you to pick you up at the airport," said the cabby.

"I never thought of it before," I replied.

To me, it seemed like something any wife would do for her husband.

Needless to say, I gave Beth a big kiss and bought her dinner that
night.

Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the good things we've got.

Take your product or service for instance. You probably have marketed
it long enough that you may not see it the way customers see it
anymore. Maybe you're too close. You may be taking certain things for
granted. Or maybe you think everyone expects a set of features or
benefits that many are not even aware of.

Perhaps it's time to get a fresh perspective.

I'd say hiring a marketing communications agency to help you find new
angles and new avenues to communicate your message could help you
re-ignite your sales.

(But then again, I own a marketing communications agency. Maybe I'm
too close.)

- Phil Sasso

No comments: