Friday, March 05, 2010

Forgotten...

I'm sad that the Olympics are over. I enjoy watching them.

Most of what happened last week is forgotten. Names and faces are fading from memory. Only the exceptional are memorable.

The same is true for advertising. Out of sight, out of mind.

The key to successful advertising is break thru creativity and on-going repetition. The more prospects hear your brand, the more likely they are to think of you -- and buy from you.

Just this week PJ pulled up the McDonald's Filet-O-Fish commercial on YouTube. He thinks it's a riot. It's quirky and memorable. In fact, the "Give me back my Filet-O-Fish" jingle is an earworm. One of those tunes you just can't get out of your head.

In fact. suddenly, I have the urge for a Filet-O-Fish. (I don't even like Filet-O-Fish!) That's break thu creative.

If you're advertising isn't memorable and frequent, you're forgotten.

Takeaway: What are you doing to be remembered? Creative ads alone won't do it. Repetition alone won't do it. It takes the one-two punch to pull in more customers.

No comments: