Thursday, October 23, 2008

Silence?

Is Silence Golden?

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks since my last marketing tip. I've been very busy.

In response to my lack of communication I've been swamped by my loyal readers with -- silence.

Not a single marketing tip subscriber emailed to say they missed me -- or wanted to be sure I was well.

Don't worry, I'm not offended.

I often get comments from readers who enjoy a particular tip. I'm flattered by the feedback.

But there is a marketing message in this:

No one will tell you they miss you if you stop advertising, doing publicity or making sales calls. They'll just forget you.

Despite whatever we might say about marketing relationship, it's a rather lopsided relationship.

In the survey in my last email I asked marketers what they were doing in the face of the economic downturn.

Most said: "Staying closer to current customers".

Wise choice! Remember out of sight, out of mind.

No comments: